Glassman Educational Therapy and Tutoring
Glassman Educational Therapy and Tutoring offers educational therapy and tutoring in reading, writing, math and handwriting instruction to elementary-school-age children during the academic year and summer.
To know where we are heading, we must assess where the student is at the moment. Prior to beginning a program, students receive informal assessments for determining the most successful course of action. This assessment is a three-pronged approach:
1. A parent interview
2. Review of school assessments and reports
3. Informal assessments
Based on that information, an individualized remedial plan for your child will involve multi-sensory activities tailored to improve reading, writing, math and/or handwriting to help your child succeed in school. We use evidenced-based methods that are explicit, multi-sensory and build systematically, including:
- Orton-Gillingham instruction is the basis for reading development.
- Handwriting plans are also based on the award-winning Handwriting Without Tears® developmentally appropriate curriculum, which has ushered countless children to confidence and success as lifelong learners.
- Math instruction is based on multi-sensory principles including Math-U-See and much more.
- Writing features a program developed in Fairfax County, Virginia, for struggling writers.
- BS, Elementary Education and Special Education, University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- MS, Learning Disabilities, University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- Credential in Administrative Services, University of San Francisco.
- Orton-Gillingham Multi-Sensory Trained.
- Handwriting Without Tears, Level I Certification Specialist.
- California Credentials: Administrative Services, Multiple Subject Teaching, Specialist Instruction in Special Education.
- 25 years of classroom experience in five different states and overseas.
- 13 years in Educational Therapy private practice.
- Professional memberships: Silicon Valley Educator Network, LD Professional Network, NCBIDA, IDA.
- Educational Therapist, AET Member.